Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Questions about matches/anything in general

I will be hanging around after practice from 5:15-5:30 if there are any questions any student/parent have about match procedures/general questions as we are getting ready for full match schedule. Anything that pertains to the realm of snacks/lockers/yard signs etc. would be able to be answered better by the team Mom side of things. I can point you in the right direction, though :-)

Coach Miller

p.s. One question I have had is if I will be giving out the lineup prior to the day of a match. No, there are too many factors that play into the setting of the lineup (sickness, consequences, last minute adjustements, etc.) that I do not want to give out any set lineup, only to potentially switch it on the day of the match.

I have also had the question of whether or not a daughter will be playing in that match and at what time, so they know if they should take off work or not. My answer to that is I will not be giving a definite answer as to a yes or no, Factors like, how many people they have...if all of those people show up like they were supposed to, if someone gets sick, if it gets too dark out, etc. play into whether a certain athlete plays that night or not. I do not pretend that is an easy thing to deal with, but it's just the way of tennis. I can not tell you the exact time a certain athlete will be playing....too many factors that play into that. (Maybe their bus doesn't show up on time, we may have to wait for a court to clear before the next match can go on, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment